Cleaning windows may seem a simple task, but when you are told to make the windows squeaky clean, then that will take a whole lot of time and effort. If you want to know how to clean windows properly, then that is exactly what will be discussed here in the post.
The following tips don’t require any chemical detergents because they are not safe for you and the environment. You can get the windows cleaned using basic cleaning methods, which will now be discussed.
Things You Need:
- A microfiber cloth, soaked in warm water and well wrung out.
- Vinegar, which is an essential ingredient for disinfecting household appliances such as ovens and washing machines. You need to mix it with warm water can be used to make the windows shiny. Put the mixture of warm water and vinegar in a spray bottle, which you can then directly spray on the glass. The sharp smell of vinegar will definitely annoy you, so you can add drops of essential oil to subside the vinegar smell.
- Another essential element to have clean windows is cornflour or cornstarch. Mix 4 tablespoons of white vinegar and 100 grams of cornstarch in one liter of water and mix well.
- Now that the glasses are disinfected, all you have to do is make them look bright and shiny. Take an old newspaper, roll it up and rub it on the glass. The abrasive force of the ink is an excellent ally to enhance the shine of the glass.
Your glass will look as if you have just installed a brand new from a local glass shop.
Things To Keep In Mind When Cleaning Windows
You can’t clean windows anytime, as there are certain occasions when you have to avoid it, or else it will lead to more damage to the windows. Here are a few important points that you should know when you’re about to clean windows.
- Windows should not be washed/cleaned when there is direct sunlight hitting on them. The heat would dry them immediately leaving unsightly halos, which won’t look good, to say the least.
- For a comprehensive cleaning of windows, you must wash the curtains because dirty curtains, when coming in contact with windows, make them dirty too, therefore, it is important that you properly wash the curtains prior to cleaning windows.
- Another thing that you need to keep in mind is that the windows and doors remain dust-free. You can use a small brush or a dry cloth in order to clean all the inlets. With this, you will ward off the risk of immediately dirtying the window glass.
- The water that you will use in your magical mix of white vinegar, cornstarch, and warm water needs to be distilled. A distilled water will be free from limestone and avoids any annoying and unwanted halos.
- You need to follow a precise method to clean the windows. Start with horizontal movements from the center followed by going to the sides. After that, you need to perform vertical movements, and that’ll be it. Your windows will look awesome at the end of the entire process.